Gistwheel Global Community
Hello!
Welcome to the forum,click on login to access your account or register a new account.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» DEVOTIONAL'S CONTINUATION
Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:32 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  A Prayer for Integrity
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:04 pm by Evangelista_GP

»  ‘Restless, Irritable, and Discontent’
Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘Turning … Serving … Waiting’
Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:40 pm by Evangelista_GP

» 'God is (6)'
Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:21 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (5)
Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:18 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (4)
Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:25 pm by Evangelista_GP

» ‘God Is’ (3)
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:53 am by Evangelista_GP

» How to Improve Your Relationships
Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 pm by Evangelista_GP

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Ask God for a Vision

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ask God for a Vision

Post by Evangelista_GP on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:41 pm

Ask God for a Vision
‘Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.’
Hebrews 12:2

A vision is a picture of what ‘can be’ rather than ‘what is’. Your vision may be to bring help to the marginalised and forgotten. Like John Kirkby, who left his job in finance when he felt God call him to help the poor and found Christians Against Poverty. Or of honest business that doesn't oppress its workers - like the Christian founders of Cadbury, Rowntree, and Fry in the confectionary industry. It may be a vision of freedom where there’s oppression - like the one that made William Wilberforce give up a life of privilege to eradicate slavery. Or your vision may be smaller and simpler - like being the first one in your family to graduate from university, or becoming a great parent to your child even though you yourself never had one. Or breaking a bad habit before it breaks you…or overcoming your fear of technology and learning to use an iPad…or spending your retirement years impacting the world around you. Thoreau said, ‘If you’ve built castles in the air…put foundations under them.’ But having a vision isn’t enough; there has to be a commitment to act on it. That’s called a mission - and it requires setting specific, measurable steps to achieve it. Those steps are called goals; they establish a plan for accomplishing your mission and thus fulfilling your vision. You’ll generally have one vision, but many goals. And each goal you reach brings you a step closer to fulfilling your vision. And here’s the really good news: when your vision comes from God, He’ll give you the strength, wisdom, connections, relationships, and resources to make it happen because He’s ‘the author and finisher of our faith’.

Ezra 9-10, Rom 6

© 2016: This devotional is produced by UCB, free of charge through the generosity of our supporters. As a gift to the body of Christ, permission is given to Churches and Christian organisations to copy up to a maximum of 52 daily excerpts per year. Excerpts must acknowledge The Word for Today as the source, give the UCB address and inform that free issues of the daily devotional are available for the UK and Republic of Ireland.

The Word For Today is written by Bob and Debby Gass

For more information about the terms of use, contact publications@ucb.co.uk
Evangelista_GP

Language : English language and French

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask God for a Vision

Post by ozoemena on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:09 pm

Don't underestimate the power of a vision. McDonald's founder, Ray Kroc, pictured his empire long before it existed, and he saw how to get there. He invented the company motto — 'Quality, service, cleanliness and value' — and kept repeating it to employees for the rest of hislife."
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

View user profile http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ozoemena on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:10 pm

A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.”— Ralph Lauren
ozoemena

Language : English language,little latin

View user profile http://http//:www.gistwheel.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IFY 5 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:12 pm

“No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities – always see them, for they'realways there.”— Norman Vincent Peale
IFY 5

Language : Igbo,English, Yoruba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Handel on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:19 pm

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."— T.E. LawrenceSeven Pillars of Wisdom
Sophia Handel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKENNA Dike on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Vision,that's the foundation behind every success. I almost lost mine in the hands of bad friends, then in college.I smoked,chased women around, and forgot I had a purpose in life. But thanks to God,who restored my vision and gave me a new life.
IKENNA Dike

Language : English,Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Summers on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Almost same thing, My life was almost shut down, but thank God for the new people he's brought into my life, Ozoemena especially. Thank God for his restoration of my life, giving me a hope, and a reason to stand.
Diana Summers

Language : English language

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivian Shelly on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:48 pm

“Some believe there is nothing one man orone woman can do against the enormous array of the world's ills -- against misery, against ignorance, or injustice and violence. Yet many of the world's great movements, of thought and action, have flowed from the work of a single man. A young monk began the Protestant reformation, a young general extended an empire from Macedonia to the borders of the earth, and a young woman reclaimed the territory of France. It was a young Italian explorer who discovered the New World, and 32 year old Thomas Jefferson who proclaimed that all men are created equal. ‘Give me a place to stand,’ said Archimedes, ‘and I will move the world.’ These men moved the world, and so can we all.”— Robert F. Kennedy
Vivian Shelly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Avy on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Wonderful
Avy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Umaru Hassan on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:41 pm

Seriously. very interesting. This devotional is gradually digging into my life